Wednesday 20 June 2012

Clutching

I attacked the brake light problem and got it resolved without any major problems. The brake light switch on the front lever was faulty, it looked like it had corroded internally, i swapped it out with another used one I had which workes! The rear brake light switch is activated by the fluid so when I bled the rear brake line and caliper the switch is now working.

Regarding the Clutch problem, I can only recon the issue lies with either the spring plate which houses the ball bearing that the pushrod connects onto or that the plates were stuck together from their 6 year mating?
I drained the gearbox oil and removed the basket to take a look at the plates and they definitely need to be changed . . . the springs are well within the service limit. [should have done this at the rebuild stage]


No comments:

Post a Comment