Wednesday 26 August 2020

Engine Back In

 With the engine out and neutral position in the gearbox resolved I cleaned the cases again and applied fresh gasket cement. The engine was buttoned up, the stator reassembled after some modifications and fitted.

The modifications i followed were listed on the 2strokeworld forum, here is the thread http://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=855.0

I mods included removing part of the crankcase to help the base plate sit flush. Fitting 2 extra countersunk screws to two plates where there was initially 2 screws and applying some gasket cement to prevent a possible shorting event from wires vibrating against the housing.


With the engine in the frame I started assembling the wet side of the engine, Kickstart and gear change mechanism fitted. I had to fit 2 new screws/bolts to one of the retaining collars, 7 years ago when I disassembled the engine the original screws had to be forceably removed. I used stainless bolts with blue thread lock.


I am a bit confused [again] I see to be missing some sort of retaining collar from the clutch shaft, there are 3 screw holes, 2 can be seen to the left of the shaft. I cannot see this part on any schematics, does anyone know what It is and where to get one?

 



So moving on I decided to prep the clutch basket, I filed down the groves on the basket and give all the parts a good clean in some fresh petrol, next up is the clutch build.

 



 




 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment